Martin T. Ingham Official Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Welcome Thread

+3
judewil
selenem
Martinus
7 posters

Go down

The Welcome Thread Empty The Welcome Thread

Post  Martinus Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:25 pm

Let's start things off with a hearty welcome! Come on in, everyone, and enjoy the site.
Martinus
Martinus
Admin

http://martiningham.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

The Welcome Thread Empty Hi!

Post  selenem Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:52 am

*waves from down here*

Where is everyone???

selenem

Back to top Go down

The Welcome Thread Empty Re: The Welcome Thread

Post  judewil Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:55 pm

Hi all. We got a little rain in No. TX last night so a bit cooler. I haven't written much lately (too busy trying to stay cool).

judewil

Back to top Go down

Post  Martinus Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:48 pm

That's one thing the shootout is good for. It gets the writing done, when you might otherwise put it off.

Great to see you both!
Martinus
Martinus
Admin

http://martiningham.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Bruno Lombardi Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:14 pm

~waves from the Great White North~

Hello!
Bruno Lombardi
Bruno Lombardi

Back to top Go down

The Welcome Thread Empty I am alive. Just barely.

Post  Nye Joell Hardy Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:07 pm

Okay, I'm here. How is everyone doing? Where are the rules? What's next? bounce bounce
Nye Joell Hardy
Nye Joell Hardy

http://www.whenwealllivedintheforestandnoonelivedanywhereelse.co

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael McClung Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:23 am

Hello everyone Smile

Michael McClung

http://www.somethingstickythiswaycomes.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Caged Maiden Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:32 pm

hello everyone. Just a little about me:

I'm a stay at home mom and I run a small business from my home. I make historical clothing and have been at that for 17 years. i started writing in 2001, as a way to amuse myself at work. I sold cars at the time and was a young woman swimming in shark-infested waters. So there was a lot of down time. I wrote my coworkers into my first fantasy novel and killed a few of them in ugly ways to deal with my frustrations (yeah I know, immature, but whatever). So I finished that novel after I volunteered to spend my days at our Daewoo/ Isuzu store, which remained empty all day long, every day. I didn't make commission, but at least I had plenty of time to write.

Over the next few years, I finished three more novels and turned it into a series. More ideas came to me and I introduced werewolves to my world. Then I got really excited about what I was writing, and in 2008, I finished my first novel I thought might be good enough to seek representation. I spent the next two years working on two more rough draft novels whilst trying to edit my seventh book into a publishable form. It was a complete disaster (and still is).

In 2011, I began working with critique partners and really learning how to edit my own work. I loved the crit process and really threw myself into improving my writing and editing processes. I joined an online crit group and worked with several published authors for over a year. During that time, I fine-tuned my editing process and wrote an article that I could then follow as a sort of step-by-step guideline.

During Nano 2011, I wrote the first half of my current WIP, a story I sum up as "Dangerous Beauty" meets Assassin's Creed 2. It was the first novel I'd ever written solely on a computer (all the rest have a hand-written, paper draft). So using four weeks of nano, I got my 50k words and set the story aside to work on editing my older novels. I submitted my "edited" seventh novel, only to receive a partial request and subsequent rejection. Then, in Nano Camp June 2012, I wrote on the nano novel again, adding chapters between others and continuing my story. By July, I had 100k words of Italian Renaissance-influenced romance and mystery. Currently, I'm editing that novel into second draft, in hopes of submitting it to the agent who sent me my first partial request.

I am a member of the Mythic Scribes article team, where I've met most of my critique partners and made some life-long friends. I can't think of a single thing that's influenced my work as positively as my crit partners. I've grown in leaps and bounds these last two years, and while I still write to amuse myself and have a good time, I feel like I've gotten so much better, there might be hope of catching an agent's attention. So that's my goal, to finish the projects I'm working on and put them out there into the world, where hopefully, other people will enjoy them as much as I do.

This journey hasn't always been easy. And sometimes it was downright brutal. But I'm in it for the long haul and I figure, better late than never. My stories tend to focus more on the human condition than epic wars over the fate of the world. I thrive on gray scale characters facing moral dilemmas, rather than colorful races with rich cultures. I like to weave romance into most stories and show the world, love, and morality how I see them.

My kids are Lucan (almost 2), Raina Finley (3), Leland (5), and Ashton (7), and while they keep me pretty busy, I find time almost every day to write. I've lived a very full life and met so many people and seen so many things, sometimes my stories are almost a way to recapture and preserve my memories. I tend to write what I know and draw heavily from my real life, feelings, and experiences.

I love to chat and share and trade work with other writers. I really thrive on the crit process and have people I call whenever I need (or they need... it does work both ways) a brainstorm session. Meeting other writers has turned my amusing side hobby into a passion I've been forever changed by.
Caged Maiden
Caged Maiden

http://www.cagedmaiden.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum